Pollokshields Heritage Heritage Trail Two 
41 St Ninian's Episcopal Church "B" Listed
Albert Drive/Pollokshaws Road

The first Episcopal Church to be built on Glasgow’s southside. Designed by architect David Thomson in 1873-77, this early French Gothic church remains towerless because the spire was never erected. Crocketted hood moulds, with saints and prophets as gargoyles, ornament the windows of the prominent polygonal apse. Impressive high Victorian interior. Beautiful stained glass with windows by Heaton, Butler & Bayne, William Meikle & Sons, and Stephen Adam. Reredos of 1899 by H D Walton sculpted in stone, marble and alabaster by William Vickers. In the chancel ‘The Benedicite’ by William Brasse Hole, one of the best late Victorian muralists, whose work can also be found in Edinburgh’s Scottish Portrait Gallery.