Pollokshields Heritage Heritage Trail Two 
33 Pollokshields Library "B" listed
30 Leslie Street 

Pollokshields Library

Exuberant Edwardian Baroque competition winning design by Thomas Gilmour of the City Engineer’s Department later revised by his superior A B MacDonald. Built between 1904 -07 and funded by Andrew Carnegie. Lavish ornamental scheme - cherub framed cartouches, inscribed Literature, History and the Arts, convey the purpose of the building. The acanthus of the bold end pavilions is cleverly arranged into an owl motif, as a symbol of learning and libraries.