Pollokshields Heritage Heritage Trail Two 
32 Maxwell Square, Melville Street/Kenmure Street/Leslie Street

Three-quarter acre site gifted by Sir John Stirling Maxwell to provide a green space for local children, when the tenements to the east of Shields Road were being rapidly developed in the 1880s. It opened in 1889, featuring a handsome cast-iron drinking well that had to be demolished seventy years later.