Pollokshields Heritage Heritage Trail Two 
29 Pollokshields Parish Church and War Memorial "B" listed
525-529 Shields Road 

Interior of ChurchGothic revival church, built in1878 by architect Robert Baldie, with Early English tower. Appropriately lavish interior reflects the then wealth of Pollokshields.

Magnificent stained glass mostly by Stephen Adam but also by W & J J Kier and Robert Anning Bell. The communion table was designed by W G Rowan. The richly-decorated pulpit is by P Macgregor Chalmers, executed by Galbraith & Winton - the carving by J A Young. The granite ‘B’ listed War Memorial, of 1921 by P Macgregor Chalmers, is based on the Ruthwell Cross.

More information is available on the church's website.

Stained Glass Window