Pollokshields Heritage Heritage Trail Two 
17 Norwoodville "B" Listed
61 Nithsdale Road

Norwoodville

Thomsonesque twin pedimented villa built c1882 for James Lawrence. Epitomising adaptive re-use the property was converted in 1928 to become the Pollokshields Synagogue with new porch and bronze doors added to the west. In 1971 it merged with the Chevra Kadisha, or the Beth Jacob, Synagogue before closing in 1984. The property reverted to residential use for a short time becoming the Madrassah Taleem Ul Islam Mosque.