Pollokshields Heritage Heritage Trail Two 
16 Auchinbrae
5 Newark Drive

 

A two bay blonde sandstone villa with crowstepped gable and long balcony on oversized brackets built in 1887/88 by David Thomson for furrier Frank Henry Russ. Subsequently purchased by Alexander Henderson (of Henderson’s Department Store) who commissioned Frank Burnet & Boston to build a garage and summer house. Retains its original interior with stained glass by David Gauld and ornate plasterwork and has a substantial Second World War air raid shelter in the back garden.