Pollokshields Heritage Heritage Trail Two 
10 Remains of Pollokshields Trinity Church "C(s)" Listed
67 Glencairn Drive

Pollokshields Trinity ChurchThe sculptured liturgical west doorway is all that remains of architect W G Rowan’s masterpiece. The beautiful, twin-spired, red sandstone late English Gothic church was the culmination of Rowan’s achievement and one of the finest in Glasgow. Erected in 1891, costing £11,000, it was originally Trinity United Presbyterian Church. Although destroyed by fire in 1988, when unused, the interior furnishings were earlier saved by Glasgow City Museums and Art Galleries and re-located to the People’s Palace in Glasgow Green. Its immediate neighbour, Titwood Parish Church, built in 1895 in 15th Century Anglican style by H E Clifford, on the site of the old Titwood farm, was dismantled stone by stone in 1954 and rebuilt as St James’ on Meiklerig Crescent in Pollok. The space is now retained as a play park by Glasgow City Council.