Pollokshields Heritage Heritage Trail Two 
7 Douglas House

68 Glencairn Drive

Built in 1888 this villa was purchased in 1902 by young William Weir of G & J Weir Ltd. His wife was a contemporary of the Glasgow Boys and Girls art movement of the period and EA Taylor was commissioned to redesign the interior, which later featured in a 1904 edition of The Studio magazine. Taylor also executed a large stained glass window titled ‘Gather Ye the Rosebuds’ featuring two girls picking woodland flowers at sunset - with its rich opalescent glass the window is one of the most memorable pieces of Glasgow style stained glass.