Pollokshields Heritage Heritage Trail Two 
3 Fotheringay Centre "C(s)" Listed
63 Fotheringay Road

Whitehall 

Formerly the Pollokshields Congregational Church, this perpendicular gothic church with a nod towards the Glasgow style, built by Andrew Balfour of Steele & Balfour in 1902-03, is a notable urban set piece. It was sympathetically adapted and extended in 2000 by Davis Duncan Architects to form new Performance, Conference, Music and IT departments for Hutchesons’ Grammar School. The contemporary extension, enclosing new courtyard, carefully acknowledges the ecclesiastical purpose of the original building and won the Glasgow Institute of Architects Award 2004.